Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year Resolutions.....Sigh




Here we are now, in 2014.  Yes, I am about to say that nasty word.....Resolution.  Who keeps them?  I usually don't.  But, as I look at my age, and my past record of crapping out on previous decades of New Year Resolutions, I decided that I had better make good on a group of resolutions for this year, 2014.
If I don't make good on them, then I will prove to myself that I am just a lowlife.  A person who talks, but doesn't walk the walk.  So, I am challenging myself this year.  And kicking my own butt if I fall off the wagon.

Here is a list of my new 2014 Resolutions, that I challenge myself to keep :

1.  In an attempt to lose weight this year, I challenge myself to walk on the treadmill and ride the recumbent bike machine for 30 minutes each, at least 3 days per week.  I already enjoy a MWF warm water exercise class and a TTh chair aerobics class.  I am supposed to join my group of fellow walkers on TTh mornings, but don't often make it to the walk.  I hope to increase my attendance to this activity, too.  If I lose weight with this plan, great.  If not, oh, well, at least I tried.

2.  I will write on this blog page every Friday of every week throughout 2014, no matter what.  Okay, this is one task that will require a swift kick in the butt.  I will post whatever I have been working on regarding research, and perhaps I will be able to enlighten someone out there with their research, too.

3.  I will work with the FamilySearch Italian Transcription project on 5 days each week.  The plan is to transcribe one batch of records each time I log onto the website.  I don't think this will be very hard for me as long as I plant little reminders for myself.

4. I will add photos and memorials to the FindaGrave website at least 5 days each week.  I have been doing this for a little while now, in tandem with the item 3 resolution above.  I have over 10,000 photos from a local cemetery, and have added almost 4,000 of those already.

5.  I will scan all of my vital record documents that I have gathered for my family trees, and add them to my FTM and Ancestry.com account.  It will eliminate so much paper that I have accumulated.  And, it will hopefully get me organized and happy with what I have uncovered over the past 12 years.

OK.  That is enough.  I don't want to overwhelm myself.  And I don't want to make anyone laugh too hard, either.  I will try to keep these resolutions, and at the end of the year, be very proud of myself.  My self esteem will be bursting at the seams.  oh, yeah, if any unforeseen accident happens that may keep me from fulfilling my  resolutions, then I release myself from any of the obligations I have mentioned above.

Smiling as I write this.......

No comments:

Post a Comment